Rules & Regulations
Maintenance of College Discipline & Rules
- Maintenance of strict discipline and proper decorum is emphasized.
- It is expected that students show their obedience and respect to their teachers and senior.
- Smoking, Chewing Pan etc. in classroom and within the College compound is strictly prohibited.
- The guardians shall be apprised of the progress of their wards time to time or whenever necessity arises.
- It is desirable that the guardians/parents should visit the college during working hours for enquiry about their wards, their regularity in attendance, college examination and home assignments.
In matters of discipline, the Principal of the college is vested with all powers to take any action against indiscipline. The action of the Principal shall be Final and Binding.
Rules Relating to College Internal Examination
All terminal, Unit, Half Yearly, Annual and test examinations conducted by the college are compulsory for all regular students, Credit is given on performances in these examinations for promotion as well as for appearing in the final examinations conducted by the Council / University.
Students seeking admission in the college must apply in prescribed from supported by the following documents :
- Certificate of the last examination passed : (provisional, Board/ University).
- Testimonial from the Head Master/Principal of the last attended institution regarding conduct and proficiency.
- Mark sheet of the last examination passed and
- Registration Certificate.
- We do consider relaxation of fees for poor-cum-meritorious students.
- Re 1 as admission fee for maritus Students (80% or above marks)
Registration and Migration
Students must register their names either in the Higher Secondary Education Council, Assam or Gauhati University on Payment of prescribed fees. Students from other Board / Universities shall have to produce Migration form accompanied by Registration form at the time of admission.
Students are required to attend the classes as per timetable regularly and punctually; late comers may not be allowed to enter the classroom, depending upon the discretion of the class teacher. Absence in the lectures shall be considered as serious breach of college discipline. As per University norms, each student is required to attend at least 75% (Percent) lectures delivered in an academic year in each subject.
- Students who fail to attend 75% (percent) of the lectures delivered in a session shall not be eligible to sit for the University Examination as regular candidate.
- Students having attended at least 50-75% lectures in each subject shall be treated as non-collegiate candidate. These students shall have to pay non-collegiate fines for enrolment in the respective examination.
- Students having attendance less than 50% of the total lectures delivered in a session shall be considered as discollegiate candidate, and shall not be eligible to appear in the respective final examination of the Council/University.
Some Important Instructions
- Familiarize yourself with all College Rules as notified from time to time.
- Be regular in attending your classes. A lesson missed is missed for ever.
- Look up the Notice Board daily as soon as you come to and before you leave the college.
- Get cast receipt for all amounts paid in the College Office.
- Observe silence and maintain decorum whenever inside the college premises.
- Use college property with utmost care and do not temper with electrical and other fittings. Help to keep College premises clean and tidy.
- Smoking inside the College premises is strictly prohibited.
- Part your bicycle, scooter and car in the College parking only.
- Avoid trespassing and plucking of flowers.
- Do not move in the corridors and verandas when classes are on. Any student found loitering around the verandahs without any valid reson will have to face strict disciplinary action.
- Maintain the sanctity of the library with silence and a decent and helpful conduct.
- Keep your College clean.
- Chewing of betelnut, taking pan masala, chewingum etc, inside the College campus is strictly prohibited.
- Do not use Mobile Phone inside the classroom on the verandahs of the college. Improper use of Mobile phone within the college premises will be severely dealt with.
- DONOT SPIT ON THE WALLS AND IN THE CLASSROOMS, DO NOT WRITE OR STICK ANYTHING ON THE WALLS OR DESKS AND BENCHES. Any one caught red-handed will be punished.
Normally, no transfer is permissible during the mid session of the college. However, under special circumstances the Principal may consider the individual case at his discretion. Once admitted there is no provision of return of fees paid.
Admission for casual students will start from 1st of October to 31st October.
Academic session starts in May '11 and ends in April '12. The Higher Secondary Council and Gauhati University announce and publish the Annual Academic Calendar respectively which are strictly followed by the college.
Migration & Eligibility Certificate
Students from other Board or University other than SEBA or AHSEC shall have to produce Migration certificate at the time of admission. They must obtain eligibility certificate from AHSEC.