Mission & Vision
We are committed to reshape the present education system continuously in harmony with the latest demand, assisting the growth of knowledge in pursuit of reality and truth.
We Aim chiefly :
- To impart need based quality education to the society.
- To help gaining acquisition of practical skill, attitudes relating to occupation in the various organized and unorganized sectors.
- To build professionally qualified graduates with sound knowledge of their core discipline.
- To provide more relevant and career oriented courses with focus on quality and excellence.
- To produce work forces having self-determination and the ability to explore opportunities.
- To enhance self-confidence and leadership qualities of the students to face present day challenges and risks.
- To develop independent thinking, creativity, innovative mindset and decision taking capability.
The vision of W.G. Com. College is to proceed in a positive way towards improvement of present conventional higher education system to face the challenges of management of industries and business. The college has initiated a major programme for the next five-years to ensure that the graduates who come out after successful completion of these courses would have knowledge, skills and aptitude for gaining employment in the wage sector in general and self employment in particular. The college has taken up a few extension activities through NSS and NCC units. It is also collaborating with state and central Govt. recognized organizations, NGO's for rendering community service. The college has started a few self-financing courses from the session 2007-2008.
Performance appraisal of teaching staff is to be made for the entire faculty with the help of the formats drawn from G.U. A follow up action has been initiated by the Principal to maintain a class content record register. This may be a healthy practice in promoting quality education. The college has introduced the system of remedial classes from the academic year 2008-2009 for the upliftment of economically disadvantageous section of the society like SC, ST, and OBC and students of economically deprived to achieve academic excellence.